The Greater Richmond Aquatics Partnership(GRAP) is a state-of –the art indoor aquatics center in Chesterfield County, Virginia whose mission is to the swimming lesson and pool membership needs of children and families in the greater Richmond area. Opening in the spring of 2012, our premier facility houses:
- 50m, 8 lane competition pool with movable bulkheads- 25 yard course includes 22 lanes. This pool will be one of the fastest in the country and was used in the 2008 Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska, where world records were set.
- 25 yard, 6 lane Multi-Purpose Pool
- Therapy Pool
- Seating in the competition pool area for 700 spectators
- Community Room
- Fitness and Exercise Room
- Locker Rooms
- Lobby with Swim Shop and Concessions.
With this facility, the Partnership will elevate aquatics in the Richmond region making water safety and aquatic fitness more accessible to all - including scuba certification, CPR classes and lifeguard training for those who wish to take their love of the water to the next level. The ultimate goal of the Partnership is to use this enhanced regional aquatics focus to ensure that all children completing the second grade know how to swim.