Niagara LMSC Hall of Fame criteria was approved in 2012 by the Board of Directors. Members may submit nominations to the Awards Committee for review. The inaugural class is slated for 2013. Please click read more for additional information.
The Niagara LMSC Hall of Fame was started in 2012 to honor athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers for their outstanding achievements and/or service to Niagara District Masters Swimming.
Nominations: Please submit a letter of nomination, no longer than two pages. Please review criteria for consideration as listed on this page.
Selection: A sub-committee of NIAG LMSC board members, using the criteria listed on this page will select up to ten recipients. Awards presentations will be made at the Niagara annual meeting.
Criteria: Individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria can be considered for this award:
• Competed, coached or volunteered for Niagara for 10 or more years
• Shown significant contributions to the sport or LMSC
• Set several LMSC and/or Zone Records across multiple age groups
• Has set one or more USMS National Record(s) and or FINA World Record(s)
• Has made the USMS top ten list
• Received USMS All-American honors
• Has won one or more USMS National titles
• Has coached multiple athletes that meet these criteria
• Served on the Niagara Board for more than 5 years
• Served on a USMS committee
• Organized/run local masters meets or open water swims
• Officiated for Masters meets for 5 years or more
• Made significant contributions to improving Niagara LMSC
Submit nominations by September 1 to:
Chair, NIAG LMSC Hall of Fame Committee